The 42-year-old is a graduate of the Reims Business School and has worked for Kronenbourg Breweries, Coca-Cola France, Moet Hennessy Distribution (product manager for Mercier Champagne brands) and Henkel Detergents and Cosmetics.
His role will be to put into action the strategy for the “Bordeaux tomorrow” plan, voted in by the wine industry in 2010, and apply the decisions the CIVB’s executive board.
The CIVB’s role is advance knowledge in the collective interest of the wines of Bordeaux to. It is funded by 1,200 vinegrowers and 400 négociants in the south west France wine region.
The goal of marketing activities carried out by the CIVB is to ensure a favourable economic environment for Bordeaux wines and provide backing for marketing schemes organised by wine industry professionals.
- Organise an international communication campaign targeting seven countries (in order of priority): Germany, Belgium, China, France, Japan, the United Kingdom and the US;
- Re-organise the management of relations with distribution channels in France: hypermarkets/supermarkets, cafés, hotels, restaurants and wine retail outlets;
- Continue to develop the Bordeaux Wine School;
- Increase the importance of a digital strategy;
- Develop the production of marketing handbooks;
- Promote joint projects for collaboration with all professionals and institutional partners.